Thursday, November 18, 2010

ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!

Hey everyone!

Today is a big day here at The Music Box Blog! Today marks the 1 year anniversary of when I first started this blog! It has been an incredible first year for the blog doing weekly album reviews, Artist Spotlight features, and occasional breaking music news pieces. The very first album review I did here on the blog was Person L's "The Positives" and it's one that I'll always remember as getting word of mouth about them and I feel that's what got the blog off the ground in the first place! First and foremost, there are alot of people that I'm very indebted to for all their support and those people are you guys! I personally want to thank each and every one of you who have viewed the blog, left a comment, or have come up to me in person saying how much you've enjoyed the blog and what I've had to say in my posts! It means everything to me hearing all the praise and the effect that my work has had on readers in purchasing certain albums and on local musicians in general. I've had the distinct pleasure of doing writeups on several up and coming musicians from the Boston area and beyond, who have clearly demonstrated their unique ability to entertain and inspire others, and I want to thank those artists from the bottom of my heart, you know who you are!

Since I've started the blog, I've had readers from countries all over the world including Denmark, United Kingdom, Spain, Italy, France, and Germany. I never imagined that my words would be viewed all across the globe, so I would like to send a special thank you to all my overseas viewers!

I'd also like to take this opportunity to announce some major changes to the blog that will greatly enhance the viewing experience for all! These changes include:

- A Facebook fan page where I'll post updates on new posts to the blog! Click on the following link and become a fan of The Music Box Blog! http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Music-Box-Blog/142351515814847

- A Twitter page to keep readers in the loop about new posts to the blog! Click on the following link to head on over to the Twitter page: http://twitter.com/TheMusicBoxBlog

- A brand new e-mail address to send in album review submissions, Artist Spotlight features, or any music related topic: peteramara@musicboxpete.net

I've also begun construction on a brand new website that will serve as the future home for this blog! The new site should be up and running sometime in early January 2011, so stay tuned to the blog for periodic updates! Again, thanks everybody for all the support, I appreciate it more than you'll ever know!

No comments:

Post a Comment