Wednesday, January 5, 2011

UPDATE: Hayley Williams Responds to Josh and Zac Farro's Exit Statement

Hey everyone!

Another update in the ongoing feud between Hayley Williams and the former members of Paramore, Josh and Zac Farro. A couple of weeks back, you might remember me posting here on the blog the infamous exit statement that Josh and Zac posted on their blog, stating that Paramore is a manufactured band and was only a backing band for Hayley's solo career. Hayley, Taylor, and Jeremy are finally setting the record straight in an exclusive interview with MTV News called: "Paramore: The Last Word". In the special which airs this Friday, Hayley and Taylor express their hurt over Josh and Zac's comments and offer their take on the events that have transpired thus far:

"When I was 14, I was offered a contract, but my heart wasn't to be a solo artist; my heart was to be in a band," she said. "I mean, since I [was] a kid, I've always just wanted to be in a band. I didn't even want to be the singer; I wanted to be the drummer, so I could be behind everything. And that's what I fought for, and that's what we've made it. And that's why it seemed so irrelevant that everything was being pointed out [in Farro's statement]. I mean, we've been honest about it, and we are a band, and, to me, it doesn't matter if there's a name on a contract. I hate business, it's the last thing I ever want to talk about. So when that was brought up in the blog, I just felt like, 'Man, fans shouldn't care or need to hear about this stuff,' because all that does is get in the way of music."


"We're not a manufactured band. We've dealt with that rumor for a long time, and that's because of the rumors of Fueled by Ramen and Atlantic's relationship. We've always talked about that ... saying, you know, when we started, I again fought for something that we could really work hard and start from the ground," Williams said. "That's the kind of music that I love, and that's the kind of music we've all shared interest in since day one, and we wanted to be that kind of band, we wanted to be those kind of people that worked for whatever they were going to get. We didn't know it would turn into this. Thank God it did, because we got to experience so many cool things."


To watch the interview with Hayley and Taylor in its entirety, tune in to "Paramore: The Last Word" which airs this Friday, January 7 at 4:00pm as a live stream on http://www.mtv.com/ Check it out! 


No comments:

Post a Comment