Tuesday, March 30, 2010

BREAKING NEWS!! Matt Rubano and Matt Fazzi Leave Taking Back Sunday!!

Hey everyone!!

For those of you who may or may not know, a major bombshell came from Taking Back Sunday yesterday when it was announced that bassist Matt Rubano and guitarist Matt Fazzi are no longer in the group. On Taking Back Sunday's official website, Matt Rubano posted the following statement:

   "After seven years I'm sad to announce that I will no longer be playing the bass with Taking Back Sunday. I would like to thank Adam, Eddie and Mark for giving me this amazing opportunity that changed my life. I am proud of the music we made together and cherished every moment of it. And to Taking Back Sunday fans, there isn't anything I can say that will express the way I feel toward you. It's literally been a dream come true and you were the cast of that dream. I am happy to have met and befriended so many of you. I will miss you all."

Immediately after that, Matt Fazzi posted the following statement:

   "To everyone in the TBS family, it is with great sadness I am announcing today that I am no longer a part of Taking Back Sunday. The last 2 years with Taking Back Sunday have been beyond a dream come true, from touring and playing with bands that I really admire, to playing new places all around the world, to meeting and working with so many wonderful people along the way. It's something that I never once took for granted and that I will never forget. I want to thank Eddie, Matt, Adam and Mark for giving me the chance to play and make music with them, if even for a short while. We've accomplished a lot in a short time that I will forever be proud of. Thanks to everyone involved for making this such a beautiful experience for me, especially YOU, the fans. You have been so warm and receptive to me since I joined and for this I am forever grateful. As for me, I will continue on with my own music and I hope to see some of your smiling faces around soon."

While it hasn't been officially confirmed by the band, a photo has been posted on Taking Back Sunday's website indicating that former members John Nolan and Shaun Cooper are back in the band. What do you make of this news? Do you think this is a good move of the band? Do you think the members left on their own or do you think they were kicked out of the band? Leave your comments here on the blog and tell me what you think!

2 comments:

  1. This smells like kicked out. I am also guessing, that if the next release doesn't chart better, TBS will be kicked off the label.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! The whole thing sounds weird to me and everything seemed to be going well with the lineup as it was before, what happened?

    ReplyDelete