Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Artist Spotlight of The Year: Call Me Anything






I'm proud to announce the winner of the 2nd Annual Artist Spotlight of The Year Awards, and the readers have spoken up loudly for this year's winner, Call Me Anything! They received over 93% of the votes cast and have been one of my favorite new artists that I've discovered this past year. I first featured the band as an Artist Spotlight here on the blog back in June, shortly after they released their debut single "Let's Talk", a song that I had on repeat for quite awhile this past summer. I also interviewed frontman Will Tenney this past summer as well and I had the opportunity to check them out in concert back in September at the Middle East Upstairs in Cambridge, MA where I met Will and bassist Matt McNulty after the show, who were some of the nicest guys that I've ever met and I immediately drew an instant connection between the two that is more than just me being a fan of the group, it's being a friend of the band and almost being like a member of the family which is how I feel with all of the bands that I've covered here on the blog. A terrific band that we'll be hearing more from next year when they finally release their debut album!

Also, to get you in the Christmas spirit, the band released their first Christmas song just a short while ago titled "Christmas (All I Need Is Here)" which I've embedded for your musical enjoyment directly below:




And there you have it folks, my last blog post of the year! I personally want to thank each and every person who has read my blog, commented on my posts, sent in requests to be on the blog, sent me very flattering compliments, and everyone who has complimented me in person about my blog, thank you! I couldn't have it done it without you and doing this blog has been a completely rewarding and fulfilling, enriching experience for me! Look for my next blog post in the new year on January 3! Until then, have a Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. they were really good they deserved their awards.thanks for this post.regards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! They're absolutely amazing and Will and Matt are two of the nicest guys I've ever met!!

    ReplyDelete