Wednesday, July 18, 2012

WFNX To Sign Off The Air This Friday at 7pm!

As you know, the end of WFNX is upon us, and it was just announced a short time ago that WFNX's last day will be this Friday, July 20 at 7pm! It was originally scheduled to be terminated on Saturday, but the date was moved up a day. The schedule for the final day on-air is as follows:

Tom "Morning Guy Tai" Irwin - 6am-11am
Jim Ryan - 11am-2pm
Neal Robert - 2pm-7pm

After 7pm on Friday, WFNX will continue to play music, but it will be completely automated with no DJ's whatsoever. It's not yet known when the actual switchover to a Clear Channel operated station will be, but it's most likely to start broadcasting on Monday in order to account for the new ratings period that starts the first week and will be known under the call letters WHBA. It will sure to be a sad day for the Boston music scene, and I'm inviting all my readers to share their memories listening to WFNX over the years. Share your comments here on the blog!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads-up, Pete. I will definitely be tuning in...It will be a sad day for music.

    WFNX was the most important radio station of my life, hands down. I hate to see it go.

    I posted more over at my blog, thedrunkenuncle.blogspot.com. I'd like to hear your thoughts on the matter, although I have a feeling I know where your sympathies lie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem my man! I'm just as sad to see it go as everyone else is. I kinda knew this was coming though, you can't expect a small minded independent radio station to last forever, you know?

      And I agree with what you said on your blog, "Fuck Clear Channel!" Your blog looks awesome by the way, nice stuff!

      Delete