Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Top 10 Albums of the Decade!!!

Hey everyone!

Hope everybody is all geared up and ready for the holidays! As the decade draws to a close, I give you my list of the Top 10 albums that I feel have made a huge impact on music and have affected all our lives in one way or another. With each album I review, I'll give highlights of 3-4 songs from each album to encapsulate the songs that really stand out and grab your attention, and also give you an idea of what the album is all about! So without further ado, here's the list ranked from 1-10:

 
1. Radiohead- Kid A (2000)
Highlights: Optimistic, Motion Picture Soundtrack, Everything In It's Right Place, Idioteque


2. Jimmy Eat World- Bleed American (2001) (Retitled "Jimmy Eat World" after the 9/11 attacks)
Highlights: A Praise Chorus, The Middle, Sweetness, Bleed American


3. The Strokes- Is This It (2001)
Highlights: Someday, Last Nite, Hard to Explain


4. Deftones- White Pony (2000)
Highlights: Digital Bath, Change ( In the House of Flies), Elite, RX Queen


5. Linkin Park- Hybrid Theory (2000)
Highlights: One Step Closer, Crawling, In the End, Points of Authority


6. Green Day- American Idiot (2004)
Highlights: American Idiot, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Holiday, Wake Me Up When September Ends



7. The Starting Line- Say It Like You Mean It (2002)
Highlights: Best of Me, Leaving, Up & Go, Cheek to Cheek


8. The Killers- Hot Fuss (2004)
Highlights: Somebody Told Me, Jenny Was A Friend of Mine, All These Things That I've Done, Mr. Brightside


9. Brand New- Deja Entendu (2003)
Highlights: Sic Transit Gloria...Glory Fades, I Will Play My Game Beneath the Spin Light, The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows


10. Arcade Fire- Funeral (2004)
Highlights: Neighborhood #3 (Power Out), Wake Up, Rebellion (Lies)

Well, there you have it folks! My list of the Top 10 Albums of the Decade! As always, any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated! Feel free to leave me a comment here on the blog or reach me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/peter.amara or reach me on Twitter: @PeteAmara or shoot me an E-mail! Thanks everyone for checking out all my reviews so far! Again, I really appreciate it! Look for my first review of the new year on January 6! Take care everyone and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment