Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Artist Spotlight: The Relevant Elephants

Today's edition of Artist Spotlight comes to us from four gentlemen by way of right here in Beantown by the name of The Relevant Elephants. The band consists of Zack Hankins on lead vocals and guitar, Taylor Knox on guitar and vocals, Adam Khalil on bass, and Mack Suhre on drums. The band has an inventive, down home blend of rock and reggae influences inspired by 311 and Sublime with their own unique twist on it that is insatiable and music you won't get out of your head anytime soon. I actually came across this band in the most unlikeliest of places, the Downtown Crossing T stop located right in Boston as I was heading to catch another train a few weeks ago. Their music caught my eye as I walked past the band performing, and I wish I would've gotten the chance to stop and take in the sights and sounds the band had to offer, but just hearing the band as I hurried by was more than enough for me, and convinced me that these guys are well on their way to something special. A clever collection of tunes assembled from four extremely talented gentlemen that definitely has the audacity to go places. Recommended songs for you to have a listen at include "Hot Air Balloon" and "Curse".

For more info on the guys in The Relevant Elephants, click on their Facebook page here and don't forget to 'Like' it as well while you're gawking at all the plentiful features found on the page. The band can also be followed on Twitter here and find out what the gents have in store for you concertwise in the coming weeks! If you would like to check out their music, it's available on their ReverbNation page here and see what these guys are all about, they're well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment