Friday, December 20, 2013

Artist Spotlight of The Year: Last One Out

It was a thrilling contest right down until the very end, but Last One Out trounced the competition to win the 4th Annual Artist Spotlight of The Year award! The band were perennial mainstays here on the site from the very beginning, making their first appearance back in August when they conducted an interview for the site in the midst of a hectic touring schedule. Coverage heated up going into October when they were featured as an Artist Spotlight, and I reviewed their fantastic Still Life Moves EP just a week later. I had the honor and privilege of checking them out in concert at The Middle East Upstairs this past fall, and they nearly brought the house down with an incredible performance that was the best first impression of an artist I can remember in recent memory with their stage presence being completely impeccable, and I was also able to interact with a few of the guys after the show and they were extremely gracious and thankful for being featured on the site, which has garnered them much attention and adoration from fans and other music critics alike, with one fan having their logo tattooed on their arm which just goes to show the undying devotion and love that the band have received up until this point.

And with that, this is my final post on the site for the year. Thank you guys so much for all the support of the site in 2013, it means so much to me and I'm constantly humbled by all the positive word of mouth that I received by e-mail and in person which has made this site totally worth doing. I wish all of you a very happy holiday season and I look forward to seeing all of you in 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment