Friday, March 22, 2013

BREAKING: My Chemical Romance Calls It Quits

Breaking news coming in just now. My Chemical Romance, who broke onto the scene way back in 2004 with Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge, have decided to disband permanently. The band made the announcement via their official website just now. Here is the official announcement in its entirety:

"Being in this band for the past 12 years has been a true blessing. We’ve gotten to go places we never knew we would. We’ve been able to see and experience things we never imagined possible. We’ve shared the stage with people we admire, people we look up to, and best of all, our friends. And now, like all great things, it has come time for it to end. Thanks for all of your support, and for being part of the adventure."
My Chemical Romance


The band formed back in 2001, and released their debut album I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love in 2002. The band later released what is arguably the greatest album of their career, Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge in 2004. The album produced monster tracks such as "I'm Not Okay (I Promise)", "Helena", and "The Ghost of You". Their follow up album came out in 2006 called The Black Parade, which was modeled to be a rock opera of sorts in the vein of Green Day's American Idiot which came out just a couple of years prior. The album contained scorching tracks like the album's title track, plus "Famous Last Words" and "Teenagers". Their final album came out in 2010 called Danger Days. This album wasn't as successful as their predecessors, but contained one memorable track in the form of "Sing". My Chemical Romance was a big part of my college years, and I remember blasting Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge in my dorm room and I recall it being unlike anything I've ever heard before and it was raw in terms of sheer musical style and sharp lyricism that really hit you hard the moment you listened to it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment