Friday, March 28, 2014

Artist Spotlight: Major League

Closing out the week with another edition of Artist Spotlight! Today, in commemoration of MLB Opening Day happening on Monday, we head down to Mantua, New Jersey where we come across the intense punk sounds of Major League. The band consists of Brian Joyce on guitar and lead vocals, Matt Chila on guitar and vocals, Kyle Bell on bass, and Luke Smartnick on drums. The group has an intense, fleeting, no nonsense punk sound that is totally derived from the band's individual influences that when combined, sound like a breath of fresh air and makes you feel lucky that there are still talented musicians walking this earth who just plain love making music and hanging out with each other after a show. I came across these guys randomly while surfing the Internet because their name caught my eye, seeing as I'm a huge MLB fanatic and I'd thought I give their music a whirl, and boy am I glad I did because their music is some of the most honest and cutting edge punk music that I've heard in quite some time and evokes the characteristics of a band who have a strong sense of self-identity and confidence that other bands would be envious to have right now. A terrific up and coming act that is required listening in my book. Some tracks for you to check out include "Subject To Change" and "I Don't Like You, Whatsoever".

For more information on Major League, head on over to their Facebook page right here and see for yourself what honest to goodness music they have conjured up for you. The band is on Twitter from this location here and find out when they'll be making their way to the Bay State sometime soon for a concert appearance. Visit their official website here for more info and to purchase merchandise, and check out their Bandcamp site over here to check out all of their music they have released to this point, which is also available on iTunes and Amazon MP3 as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment