Thursday, March 13, 2014

Drummer Longineu Parsons Exits Yellowcard

Original and longtime Yellowcard drummer Longineu Parsons has announced that he won't be handling the drumsticks for the band any longer. The band released an official statement earlier today stating that he has left the band to pursue other musical endeavors, Here is the official statement from the band:

It has been announced that long-time drummer Longineu "LP" Parsons III has left YELLOWCARD. Said the band in a joint statement, "Longineu has decided to pursue other musical interests. We wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors."

This is a huge shock to me and one that I didn't see coming. Yellowcard have been one of my favorite bands since the very beginning and I'm so happy I got to see them in concert 3 years ago with All Time Low at the House of Blues, and they were the soundtrack to my summer the year before I went to college and have provided me with very fond memories that will last me a lifetime. The band won't be the same after this.

No comments:

Post a Comment