Monday, June 10, 2013

Product Review: Sonos Play:5 Wireless HiFi Music Player

The Sonos Play:5 Wireless Hi Fi Music System is a fantastic way to listen to all the music you love in one smart and sleek package featuring a rich, dynamic sound that will blow your socks off and put all the other music systems that you previously owned to shame.

One thing that I really enjoyed about the Sonos system was its size: very small, not too bulky, and fits just right either in the corner of your room or on the bookshelf, it doesn't take up too much space at all and never gets in the way of anything in your home. The functioning of the system can be controlled either through the Sonos controller on your desktop/laptop or via the Controller app on your smartphone device. I used the Controller on my iPhone 4 and the app allowed me to control the volume from anywhere I was in the house, even if the system was downstairs I could still control the music that was playing in the house even if I couldn't hear it.

As for the music itself, the sound was superb and top notch, I was able to play music directly from my iTunes library, and I could add songs freely to the queue without having to scroll through my library figuring out which song I'm going to play next. I was also able to listen to my Pandora stations as well, with sound that puts my old Bluetooth speaker on the bench collecting dust. I encountered no streaming difficulties whatsoever and the connection worked seamlessly and everything worked perfectly to a T, likewise for my TuneIn Radio presets which give me the ability to listen to my FM radio stations without having to worry about reception or trying to get a station that would traditionally be out of my range on any other device. I was also able to listen to the streaming services I currently subscribe to, most notably Rdio which allowed me the greatest and far reaching access to everything from their catalog without having to switch between different apps to get songs that might not be available through a provider. I was also able to access Rhapsody and Spotify as well from Sonos, each featuring differing amounts of diversity in terms of availability from the song catalog.

The Sonos Bridge system, which allows you to connect to your wireless network, provided me with the comfort and ease of always having music at your fingertips, and letting the system be your own personal DJ while you're out relaxing on the back deck, or mingling with friends inside while at a party. The initial setup of the device was easy and painless compared to other systems, and didn't leave you fumbling for instruction manuals afterwards to figure out how things work or where you plug in certain cords, because there wasn't too many of those.

The rich sound of the system is provided by a 5 driver speaker system, hence it's name. It also comes bundled with 5 digital amps, 2 tweeters, 2 mid range drivers, and 1 bass driver that when all combined, provide for a formidable and outstanding presence in the market for music enjoyment and pleasure. Out of all the music systems I've listened to over the years, this one has the purest and most unadulterated sound that is almost liquid like in nature in that you can hear every note as clearly as it was recorded while in the studio, something that is almost impossible to duplicate exactly, but Sonos is able to accomplish with great skill and detail.

Quite simply, this is one of the most intuitive and groundbreaking music systems that I've ever used to this point. The functionality and ease of use takes all the worry and frustration of what music to play next, and allows you to listen to your music from any point in your house without having to lug around your laptop or booklet of CD's. Perfect for the music enthusiast who wants to listen to their entire music library at their fingertips.

                                                                                                                            Overall Review: 5/5

For more information on Sonos and their entire offering of music systems, plus how you can purchase one, simply visit their website at: www.sonos.com

No comments:

Post a Comment